Why is the U.S. public left in the dark regarding the tremendous health benefits of high-quality supplements? And who are the primary beneficiaries of that?
EX Biochemist for Eli Lilly and Company, Mr. Shane Eleson says,
"The Power of Big Pharma money controlling the media, keeping us in the dark through marketing propaganda and paid professionals to report that Vitamins don't work for big-Pharma to sell more medicine (through advertising propaganda such as: "Ask your doctor if this is the right medicine for you!")
Science doesn't lie
Let's examine some hard facts
The Dec 17, 2013 issue of Annals of Internal Medicine (journal) contained several recently completed North American research studies, which showed that taking an every day, low-dose multiple vitamin and mineral supplement did not provide any significant protection against cancer or heart disease in well-nourished North American subjects, who had no signs of nutrient deficiencies.
These findings are not surprising because low-dose multiple vitamins have been shown to not contain high enough doses of antioxidant nutrients to provide a significant benefit.
This is no different than taking 5 mg of aspirin to treat a headache or whiplash injury. It`s not that the aspirin is not an effective pain-killer and anti-inflammatory, but ratherthat taking an extremely low dose is simply not strong enough to combat pain and inflammation. Thus, most aspirin products are available in 350 mg caplets, not 5 mg caplets. The same is true for vitamins and mineral that provide antioxidant protection in the body. This fact was again highlighted in 2011 in the EPIC study (European Prospective Investigation into Cancer and Nutrition), which showed that individuals, who were taking antioxidant supplements at the start of the 11-year study period, had a 48% reduction in the risk of cancer mortality.
In addition, the risk of dying from all-causes (all-cause mortality), was 42% lower in the antioxidant supplement users. Of interest is the fact that taking only a basic, everyday, low-dose, multiple vitamin and mineral supplement (i.e., not enriched with meaningful doses of antioxidants) did not confer any protection against cancer or all-cause mortality. (Especially with low-quality supplements that are made from synthetic or chemicals like Centrum, NATUREMADE and FLINTSTONES supplements brand names.)
The European Prospective Investigation into Cancer and Nutrition (The EPIC Study) was initiated in 1992
The EPIC Study has been following over 500,000 people, living in 10 European countries since (Denmark, France, Germany, Greece, Italy, Netherlands, Norway, Spain, Sweden, and the United Kingdom). A great deal of data including weight, height, lifestyle factors (including dietary behaviors) personal history, as well as blood samples, were collected at the beginning of the study, with periodic follow-up of these parameters collected on an ongoing basis. The study clearly shows that antioxidant supplements, when taken at high enough doses, are associated with a significant reduction in cancer and all-cause mortality, including cardiovascular disease. (Now you do understand why YOUR DAILY FOUNDATION liquid multivitamins contain 5,300mg wholefood non-GMO in each daily dose!)
High Dose Antioxidants Proven To Work in Human Studies
At this point in time Its hard to believe that North American researchers would waste their time studying low -dose multiple vitamins and minerals in view of the many published studies that have shown remarkable success when high-dose antioxidants have been used to treat patients with very challenging and life-threatening health conditions.
A partial list of some of these studies appears below:
High Dose Antioxidant Supplements Showing Positive Outcomes In Human Clinical Studies:
1. Slow the progression of prostate Cancer – Vitamin E, Vitamin C, Selenium with low-fat diet plus soy foods (Ornish Dean, 2005)
2. Reduce overall cancer mortality – Vitamin C (Blot WJ, et al. 1993; LiK , et al EPIC Study 2011)
3. Reverse the precancerous conditions leukoplakia (a precancerous mouth condition) and cervical dysplasia (precancerous changes on the cervix of the uterus) – Beta-carotene, Folate (Garewal HS, 1995; deVet HC, 1991).
4. Reverse a precancerous stomach condition known as atrophic gastritis – Vitamin C (Rembiasz K, 2007)
5. The study by K Lockwood and fellow researcher in Molecular Aspects of Medicine (1994 and 1996) showed that breast cancer survivors had better outcomes by taking high dosages of certain antioxidants supplements as a follow-up to surgery, radiation and/or chemotherapy,compared to women who receive standard medical care only – Vitamin C, Vitamin E, Selenium CoQ10, Beta-carotene, Multiple Vitamin, Essential Fatty Acids.
6. Block the formation of cancer-causing nitrosamines linked to colon cancer – Vitamin C, Vitamin E (Block G, 1991).
7. Slow progression of Alzheimer’s disease – Vitamin E (Grundman M, 2000 and Dysken MW, et al. 2014)
8. Slow progression of Parkinson’s disease – CoQ10 (Schultz C. 2007)
9. Boost immune function in older subjects – Vitamin E, Vitamin C, Selenium (Meydani SN et al JAMA 1997)
10. Slow progression of macular degeneration – Vitamin C, Vitamin E, Selenium, Beta-carotene, Zinc (AREDS study 2001, Archives of Ophthalmology)
11. Reduce skin damage from ultra-violet light – Vitamin E, Beta-carotene, Selenium, Vitamin C (Firkle T, 2000)
12. Improve blood circulation (endothelial function) in diabetics with vascular disease – CoQ10 (Hamilton S et al. Diabetes Care 2009)
13. Decrease restenosis of coronary blood vessels in coronary by-pass patients – Vitamin E (Hodis,1995)
14. Reversal and Treatment of Fatty Live Degeneration – Vitamin E (Zaman A. Hepatology 2012)
High-Dose Multiple Vitamins Are the Answer
Based on evidence of this nature, a number of years we’ve created a High-Dose Multiple Vitamin and Mineral Nutritional that matches up with the research showing the positive health effects of antioxidant enrichment, along with sufficient Vitamin D, calcium (As we have it in Bone&OsteoX1000) and higher doses of B-vitamins (As we have it in YOUR DAILY FOUNDATION multi liquid vitamins). YOUR DAILY FOUNDATION contains over 200 ingredients non-GMO Wholefood!
In A Nut-Shell
Don`t waste your money on low-dose multiple vitamins, but at the same time appreciate the fact that higher doses of antioxidants, vitamin D, certain B-vitamins, and calcium, have all been shown to provide important health benefits in human studies. So don`t throw the baby out with the bath water. Instead, purchase High-Potency Multi-Vitamins and Minerals if you are looking for significant protective benefits from a multi-vitamin made from the highest quality ingredients,LookingVibrant delivers... They use minerals from Albion Minerals USA, Organic D from Australia, and even their preservatives are less than 1% to preserve liquid vitamins from forming any bacteria.
Lookingvibrant supplements deliver one premium quality formula after another, and That’s how we develop each formula based research & science such as;
And, Our Latest Custom Formula, Body Vitality & Defense-X7 Clinical Strength Custom Formula
1. http://annals.org/article.aspx?articleid=176785 Annals of Internal Medicine 2013
2. Li K, Kaaks R, Linseisen J, Rohrmann S. Vitamin/mineral supplementation and cancer, cardiovascular, and all-cause mortality in a German prospective cohort (EPIC-Heidelberg). European Journal of Nutrition. Published online July 22, 2011.
3. Bingham S, Riboli E. Diet and Cancer – The European prospective investigation into cancer and nutrition. Nature Review – Cancer (www.nature.com/reviews/cancer) March 2004, vol 4:206-215
Cheers To Your Health